Friday, June 6, 2014

I'm a Part of This Year's Highway's Poetry Festival


It's my first feature since freedom [insert scarily excited face here]. I promise to do new poems. Plus the fact that I'm performing on the same stage as other artists that I have an immense amount of love and respect for is going to make me put on my good clothes.

The Highways Poetry Festival is a yearly event that consists of 2 nights of dynamic poetry and music. This year, there's a team poetry slam on Friday, 6/13 at 8 pm, hosted by birthday girl and slam monster, Simply Kat. If you want to have a poem of your own workshopped, or get some performance critiques and pointers, come early (5:30 pm, to be exact) on Saturday 6/14 and Chas Jackson and I will give you a sexy literary makeover. After that, we will perform the poems that make the whole world sing. Word to your mom.

In closing: Come enjoy some incredible art in an awesome performance space. You deserve it.

6/13 8PM
BATTLE FOR LA (TEAM SLAM)
Hosted by Simply Kat
$8

6/14 5:30 PM
THE COMPLIMENT SANDWICH WRITING/PERFORMANCE WORKSHOP

6/14 8 PM
POETRY SHOWCASE
Hosted by Judy Holiday
$8

Highways Performance Space
1651 18th St.
Santa Monica, CA 90404

No comments:

Post a Comment