Wednesday, January 6, 2016

New Year, New Priorities



Merry Joyous 2016 and Ho-Ho-Hotep to you. You made it. Ain't that got the nerve to be something? Seriously, plenty of people didn't step foot into this year, so merely staying alive may not seem like an accomplishment, but depending on your circumstances, it may very well be. I think 2015 tried it's damned-est to take a lot of us out! I am relieved to have escaped. I've been excited for 2016 for a while, now.

I typically don't "make resolutions". Them things don't work. And why wait until the new year? Just wake up everyday and decide that you're gonna do some shit and do it good. That's what I try to do. I mean, I also fail miserably everyday at something(s), but it's all good. Tomorrow's another day. However,  this year does appear to have some sort of freshness seal on it, so I decided to bust that thing wide open by reflecting on my previous year(s), asking myself what I really want, what's the most important, and being very intentional about prioritizing.

This led me to my lil' priority list. And contrary to what I say in my extremely misleading title, these priorities aren't really "new". They've always been there. I guess I'm just putting a name to some areas of my life and being very specific about the categories that consume most of my mind, heart, and energy. I'm sharing this with you all because I'm serious about it and I typically don't just yammer on about things I haven't already committed to. By putting it out there, I'm sort of putting myself on blast so that if I fall short, you all can give me a good, strong side-eye. And I don't want any side-eye. So, I have to do this. Hold me accountable, folks.

This year, the following 8 things are my focus and I will prioritize them, mostly in this order:

1. My Mental, Emotional, and Physical Health
2. My Kids
3. My Education
4. My Art
5. My Businesses
6. My Jobs
7. My Friends
8. My Coins

Over the next 8 weeks or so, I will address each of these priorities here, as a way to assess my intentions, reflect, and gain clarity, for my own damn self. Of course, I would love for you to read and comment. Hey, what are your goals and priorities for 2016?

No comments:

Post a Comment